Welcome to the Historical Inspiration Page.
I am CORONA. While I play a role in Pacific’s storyline, my actual purpose here is to catalog all creations pertaining to specifically the planet and timeline in which you know as real life.
In other words, if I may step out of the “in-universe” dialogue mode for a second. This is where the team deposits our creations pertaining to our historical interests.
The organization of this particular page is going to be in flux somewhat. For now, it’s organized loosely by content theme and length. Longer articles tend to be up front.
Historical Inspirations (Major Battles & Events)
- Marshall-Gilbert Islands Raid (Published 10/9/17)
- Japan Ascendant – Debunking Debunkers of Pearl Harbor Debunkers (Published 12/8/17)
- The Dawn of the Modern US Navy (Published 12/27/17)
- Prelude to Midway (Published 6/3/17)
- Common Questions about the Japanese Defeat at Midway (Published 6/4/17)
- How America Won a Hard Fought Victory at Midway (Published 6/5/17 )
- More Midway Shenanigans and Questions (Published 7/19/17)
Ships & Equipment
- Nevada and Pearl Harbor (Published 3/24/17)
- Submarines are Kinda Neat (Published 3/18/17)
- Guess that Carrier (Published 4/16/17)
- CXAM Radar (Published 4/17/18)
- Sonar (Published 5/17/17)
- SBD Dive Bomber (Published 6/15/17)
- An Introduction to Ballistics (Published 2/7/17)
People & Politics
- Soviet-US Collaboration – Tensions in the Cold War (Published 4/19/17)
- Nimitz on the Narwhal (Published 5/30/17)
- Historical Characters in Pacific (Published 7/24/17)
- Curtis Who? (Published 7/27/17)
Life & Culture
- Morgane Talks About Soda Well, ramune to be specific. (Published 9/6/16)
- Japanese Historical Approach to Food (Published 4/20/17)
- Jefferson Ice Cream (Published 4/30/17)
- US Navy Cookbook (Published 9/5/17)
- Nose Art in the Pacific War (Published 9/21/17)
- Recreating History Through Food (Published 12/15/17)
- Cuisine of the U.S. Navy – Cod Balls (Published 04/23/18)